Mission Statement: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Vision Statement: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
We work to expand home ownership opportunities for local residents by providing decent, affordable housing options that are made available through collaboration with qualified families, human service partners and donors.
As an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, Greater Lycoming Habitat for Humanity is committed to making an impact in the awareness and accessibility of decent, affordable housing for low-income families. We believe that creating opportunities for success and stability for families contributes to the health and strength of local communities.
- 51 Homes have been built or renovated by GLHFH’s since its inception.
- Through the ReStore, GLHFH was able to divert over 105.3 tons of useable material from the landfill last year.
Greater Lycoming Habitat for Humanity...
- Serves Lycoming, Tioga, Bradford and Eastern Clinton counties.
- Is part of a system of 2,300 Habitat for Humanity Affiliates located in every state, and 550 international affiliates in more than 90 countries around the world.
- Has provided home for 51 low-income families to date in our local communities.
- Sells our newly constructed homes to selected family partners using a 0% interest mortgage averaging 30 years.
- Requires our family partners to contribute 250 "sweat equity" hours per adult to building their Habitat home.
- Installs Energy Star rated appliances in all of our new homes.
- Partners with the community for over 5,000 volunteer hours annually.
Greater Lycoming Habitat for Humanity's ReStore...
- Is one of more than 800 Habitat ReStores in the United States and Canada.
- Sells new and gently used home improvement products, home decor and treasure-hunter bargains at 50%-75% off full retail price.
- Offers $100,000 in daily inventory to the general public.
- Helps to build homes in our communities through its sales proceeds.
- Diverts over 120 tons of material per year from the Lycoming County landfill.
- Engages community members through a variety of volunteer opportunities.